Worth of Life
What is the worth of life? Who determind the worth of one's life? You? Me? God? No one?
For human, the worth of one's life is determined by oneself. How much you think you worth??
I worth everything I live for and more, I worth my love and no one can replace me. I can do anything for myself because of that, I love myself too much...at least some people think I do.
There are people who thinks that they worth nothing or they cannot determine their worth themselves, those people are the ones that never love themselves as much as they should. Are you one of them?
What about other living things apart from humans? How much they worth? Most of their worth is now determined by humans isn't it... which animals are more precious then the others. Which animal to save and which animal to destroy. The worth of an animal can never compare to the worth of a human. Thou there are people who thinks that life of other animals is more precious than of human.
There is once I asked one of my friend of will she kills off her dog if not eat it during the time of crisis, whereby food is not enough. She insist that she will not, and will rather die to keep the animal alive. When I ask her if only one can live? Not surprisingly she will die for her dog. Believe her?? I did not, not really... ... What abt you?
Being in Life science trade, the number of lives I took is uncountable. Thou non will say anything and non will say it is not right when I told them 99.9% of them are fishes. Reason...most probably because they can't make any sound like other animals can, they look stupid and behave un-intelligently in our eyes? Even if I tell them I killed a couple of rats/mices, most of them will still feel alright...even I think so. Yesterday thou I went to terminate some rabbits...the first time I done it...and it does not feel alright anymore...and most will tell me that too. Why? Because they appear intelligent, they can make a sound...they cry and they'll feel scared...they are higher mammals and is not our staple food source? I'm sad to take theirs but I have to do that. But I'll try to make sure they don't die in vain.
But isn't it unfair to the fishes? To the rats? To every other animals we killed like ants...mosquitoes...that cross our way? To all the animals that we eat, like chicken, cow, pigs?
In buddism, every life is a life no matter what their body looks like. We shouldn't take life purposely, we should celebrate evey life that born into this world and mourn for every life that pass into the other world.
Still, most humans are selfish like me. The most impt life is mine...
For human, the worth of one's life is determined by oneself. How much you think you worth??
I worth everything I live for and more, I worth my love and no one can replace me. I can do anything for myself because of that, I love myself too much...at least some people think I do.
There are people who thinks that they worth nothing or they cannot determine their worth themselves, those people are the ones that never love themselves as much as they should. Are you one of them?
What about other living things apart from humans? How much they worth? Most of their worth is now determined by humans isn't it... which animals are more precious then the others. Which animal to save and which animal to destroy. The worth of an animal can never compare to the worth of a human. Thou there are people who thinks that life of other animals is more precious than of human.
There is once I asked one of my friend of will she kills off her dog if not eat it during the time of crisis, whereby food is not enough. She insist that she will not, and will rather die to keep the animal alive. When I ask her if only one can live? Not surprisingly she will die for her dog. Believe her?? I did not, not really... ... What abt you?
Being in Life science trade, the number of lives I took is uncountable. Thou non will say anything and non will say it is not right when I told them 99.9% of them are fishes. Reason...most probably because they can't make any sound like other animals can, they look stupid and behave un-intelligently in our eyes? Even if I tell them I killed a couple of rats/mices, most of them will still feel alright...even I think so. Yesterday thou I went to terminate some rabbits...the first time I done it...and it does not feel alright anymore...and most will tell me that too. Why? Because they appear intelligent, they can make a sound...they cry and they'll feel scared...they are higher mammals and is not our staple food source? I'm sad to take theirs but I have to do that. But I'll try to make sure they don't die in vain.
But isn't it unfair to the fishes? To the rats? To every other animals we killed like ants...mosquitoes...that cross our way? To all the animals that we eat, like chicken, cow, pigs?
In buddism, every life is a life no matter what their body looks like. We shouldn't take life purposely, we should celebrate evey life that born into this world and mourn for every life that pass into the other world.
Still, most humans are selfish like me. The most impt life is mine...


3 Comments:
I kill mice all the time. Litters of them.
I believe, we are by nature a very cruel species. Don't talk about dog or rabbit, if we need to kill our own kind to survive, we will.
And I believe, to want to eliminate the dark side of our nature is not practical. We are both good and bad at the same time. We better accept this. ^_^
Ya we are, just hav to accept although for most of us it is hard...I'll definitely rather kill others than have to die
Ya we are, just hav to accept although for most of us it is hard...I'll definitely rather kill others than have to die
Post a Comment
<< Home