Friday, December 31, 2004

Humanity

"Tsunami toll tops 125,000, half-billion in aid pledged."

This is the headline of Channel News Asia this morning when I went over to have a update on the situation in the disaster areas.

The death toll is still climbing and had pass the million mark within one day, yesterday has only 81,000 confirmed death and today there is 125,000 confirmed death. This does not include the number of people reported missing and the number of people are still uncontactable, due to the cutout of communication lines and the lack of man power. Therefore, it is predicted to keep on rising...

Sad isn't it...when it is holiday season, the coming to an end of the year and the coming of a new year and this happened. It is really unpredictable, that within such a short days so many lost their lives and the lives of their love ones.

This is not the way to celebrate the ending of a year and a coming of a new year! As this is never the way to do it, with so many death surrounding us. This also mark the turning pt of many things...terrorists/seperatists now have to come together with the government to give help to the people that are suffering and help rebuilding the country they live in, thus making a more united country.

Glad is the word I use for I'm still breathing and non of my love ones are lost. Pity is the feeling I have for all that lost their life. And Help is the only way I can give to keep those that are still alive living.

It is actually what the chinese pharse said... ‘月有阴晴圆缺, 人有旦夕祸害。’Which mean, there is New and Full Moon as well as cleared and shaded Moon, while there is terrible things that can happen to you within a change of day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home